Hours of Work: Full Time
Contractual Status: Permanent – subject to probationary period
Salary: Competitive (plus benefit package)
Location: FAW Trust Head Office – Dragon Park - Newport
The FAW Trust is the body responsible for football development in Wales.
We are seeking to appoint a reliable, conscientious and inspirational person to lead a newly restructured department that is responsible for delivering the Trust’s strategic mission to ‘grow the game and raise football standards’ across Wales. The FAW Trust has its busy Head Office based at Dragon Park, Newport.
The FAW Trust has outlined ambitious targets for the growth of participation in football throughout Wales; including 50% of young people playing football once a week, 30% of children playing football twice a week and 20,000 registered female players by 2024.
Being a member of the FAW Trust Executive Team and reporting to the Technical Director the Head of Football Development will have responsibility for delivering the key strategic outcome of Transforming
Communities through football and all associated targets.
To provide leadership, strategic direction and support to the Football Development Team, whilst ensuring that all work programme objectives are fully aligned to the achievement of the strategy targets.
• Proven leadership of a dynamic and high performing team.
• Excellent public speaking, presentational and interpersonal skills.
• High level stakeholder and partnership influencing and negotiation skills.
• High level strategic planning and policy development.
• Exemplary ability to translate strategic plans into tangible deliverables.
• Proactive and effective in motivation, delegation and negotiation skills with both staff and
• Tenacious and resilient, with outstanding interpersonal skills aligned to Corporate values.
• Excellent data analysis and research insight interpretation.
• Significant experience of budget development, management and control.
• Highly motivated, inspirational, resilient and self-directed.
• Creative, innovative and able to deliver big-picture thinking.
• Modern IT competencies.
• Spoken and written Welsh are desirable.
• Willingness to work flexibly and unsociable hours.
• Full, clean driving licence.
• Enhanced CRB disclosure
Preferably educated to degree level with demonstrable further professional development in the areas of leadership and strategy.
An understanding of football governance and administration structures coupled with a wider understanding of the political and sporting landscape is desirable.
• Supporting the Chief Executive and Technical Director with development of strategy, planning
and execution of key strategic deliverables based on evidence and sound insight.
• Ensuring cross functional collaboration with other FAW and FAW Trust teams to ensure and
facilitate the delivery of shared goals and objectives.
• Setting and directing the strategic and tactical approach of the Football Development Team
and identifying taking proactive corrective action as and when required.
• Providing leadership, advice, coaching and support to the Football Development Team with
direct managerial responsibility for the Football Development Managers.
• Achieving high standards of collective Team performance and establishing effective
succession planning through training, development and mentoring of Team members.
• Adopting strategic approaches based on research insight and evaluating team performance
through performance management processes.
• Overseeing the formulation and successful implementation of Regional Investment and
Development plans, conducting regular reviews within pre-determined timelines.
• Establishing engaging, positive and influential relationships with key stakeholders and partners
who can enhance support for the delivery of the Trust’s strategic goals.
• Commissioning experts and consultants to support team training, skills base and impact.
• Producing Board papers, reports and presentations related to the Football Development
Team’s responsibilities and activities.
• Providing proactive and effective two-way communications systems to ensure that all
stakeholders are appropriately informed, briefed and updated.
• Budget development, interpretation, management and monitoring to ensure proactive impact,
cost and benefits realisation analysis.
• Acting as a buddy to a colleague within the Executive team.
• Accountable for the Departmental Risk Management portfolio including; Fiscal, H&S and
Full clean driving licence. A company vehicle will be provided to support this role.
Extensive travel may be required.
Willing and able to work unsociable hours - Evening and weekend working will be required.
Flexible and remote working will also be required from time to time.
Spoken and written Welsh are desirable.
Enhanced CRB disclosure.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email a completed application form (attached), a copy of your latest CV and a completed Equal Opportunities Form (attached) to; email@example.com clearly marking the subject of the email: Head of Football Development.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Tuesday, October 24. No late applications will be considered.
Interviews are likely to take place w/c; 30.10.17 and we are considering evening and weekend options.
Please advise of any dates during this time that you will be unavailable if selected for interview, during this timescale.
FAW Trust, Dragon Park, Newport International Sports Village, Newport, NP19 4RA
T: 01633 282911 E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.fawtrust.wales
The FAW Trust is committed to protecting children and vulnerable adults and follows the recruitment guidelines of the FAW’s Welfare Policy. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure before their appointment is confirmed.
This post is supported by:
The Football Association of Wales
|1DP.jpg||Oct 11 2017||42.2 KB||Download|
|1Trust.jpg||Oct 11 2017||311.3 KB||Download|
|7W&G.jpg||Oct 11 2017||855.1 KB||Download|
|Application Form - Head of Football Development.docx||Oct 11 2017||63.1 KB||Download|
|FAW Trust Equal Opportunities in Employment.docx||Oct 11 2017||31.3 KB||Download|