The Welsh Football Trust (WFT) has produced a Corporate Plan to support the delivery of the 2015 to 2020 Welsh Football Strategy produced by the FAW which sets set out the future direction for the game over the next five years.
1. Grow the game through more accessible and flexible playing opportunities and to use the power of football to improve education, training and health outcomes for communities throughout Wales.
2. Identify, develop and prepare talented young players for international competition;
3. Ensure football has a well trained and high performing voluntary and professional workforce to produce more and better players;
4. Aim to operate within our organisation values and achieve excellent customer service standards.
- Good governance – adoption and practical application of the Voluntary Code for good governance produced by the Sport and Recreation Alliance;
- Impact assessment and data collection – improved data collection to inform policy decision making and evidence football’s contribution to deliver on key government agendas;
- Customer focus – ensuring stakeholders and key partners are more involved in determining development priorities;
- Facilities – a continued focus on the development of a national network of floodlit artificial 3G pitches to support participation growth;
- Workforce development – production of a Workforce Plan to support the recruitment, development and retention of a skilled voluntary and professional workforce;
- Club development – review and invigorate our present approach and address the present organisational skills gap to help gain higher level influence and support from Focus Clubs;
- Equality - produce a single Equality Action Plan drawing together the key strands of the Trust’s inclusion programmes;
- enhance support for the promotion of the Welsh language
- Encourage more people - male and female - of all ages to play football;
- Identify and develop talented young players to support the future success of Wales' national teams in all age groups;
- Develop more and better qualified coaches
- Welsh Assembly Government
- Sport Wales
- Premier League
We also aim to maximise income from other sources including grants and commercial sponsorship. Please see attached document for the full 2015 to 2020 WFT Corporate Plan Summary.